This lesson included looking at YouTube. I discovered several sites from children's authors that I will incorporate into my lessons. Reading Rocket offers many. I downloaded a few to share with my students. I found several videos that would make good inservice material as well. Not sure if I'm ready to create my own YouTube, but I find them fun to watch and many useful. I also looked at TeacherTube.
Podcasting is another tool that I find interesting. I looked at EPN and the Ipods site. I was not successful in pulling up the other sites from the links provided. I did download from NPR, one of Daniel Pinkwater's session. I will attempt to include on my blog.
In researching the ebooks, I found it to be not so interesting. I'm not sure why ? World ebook Fair, Guttenburg and LibriVOx were the sites I tried. LibriVox was not available because of archival issues. I realize that this is just another tool to bring information to us in the 21st century, but being an elementary teacher, the idea of ebooks just doesn't seem cozy enough to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment